Our TeamsThe basics…
- Teams are comprised of 2-6 children, ages 6-9.
- Teams can be made up of neighborhood groups, school groups, home school organizations, Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts, family members, and after school programs.
- FIRST® does not create teams or match children to teams. Any adult can start a team at their local level.
- Jr.FLL® teams generally meet for 6-8 weeks. Each meeting lasts for about one to two hours, once or twice a week. Many teams meet after school or during another group activity, such as during a Girl Scout or Boy Scout troop meeting.
- Children work with adults to build a Model using LEGO® elements, based on the year’s theme, with both a simple machine and at least one moving part.
- Teams research the Challenge theme and present their findings on a Show Me Poster.
- Coaches have access to the Challenge Materials for the season once they have registered a team and the Challenge has been released.
- Teams can participate in Jr.FLL events.
- Team registration varies by country. Check out your country's website for more details. (Teams in the U.S. and Canada register with FIRST. Teams in countries outside the U.S. and Canada register with the official partner for that country.)
Teams build a model using LEGO elements.